Achieving Excellence: A Renewed Vision for Education in Ontario, 2014 recognizes and acknowledges that parents are a key part of their children’s learning and of Ontario’s success in education, and encourages a wide range of opportunities for parent, guardian and caregiver engagement in their children’s learning.
Projects must focus on informing or engaging parents in support of improved student achievement and well-being, supporting projects that help identify and remove barriers to parent engagement that may prevent some parents from fully participating in their children’s learning.
Applications must describe how the project will enhance parent engagement in support of improved student achievement and well-being. Only projects involving the publicly funded education system are eligible. A letter of support is required from a district school board.
Priority will be given to parent-led projects that have been developed in partnership with district school boards.
Projects must address at least one of the following areas:
- Parents as Partners: e.g. Research projects where parents and stakeholders work together with academic researchers to explore parent engagement-related topics
- Creating a welcoming district school board and school environment for all parents: eg. Workshops on how to identify and remove barriers to parent engagement to help more parents get engaged in their children’s learning and well-being
- Skill-Building Opportunities for Parents: provide parents with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to support their children’s learning at home and at school
- Enhancing Communication between School and Parents: eg. Sharing information and strategies related to supporting parent engagement in their children’s learning at home and at school (eg. Reading and doing math with your child, modeling a healthy lifestyle, etc.)
Grant value: maximum of $30,000
Project Duration: deadline for completing a project is August 15, 2018; final reports due August 31, 2018
Full Grant details regarding the Parents Reaching Out Grants
|CORIS Internal Deadline for Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||June 08, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||June 15, 2017||11:59 PM (ET)|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity and/or have any further questions, please send your inquiries to Raj Cheema by email at email@example.com.