The New Investigator Award is for junior faculty in a Canadian university in first 5 years of their career as a research scientist in Canada.
Applicants must hold an MD or PhD degree (or equivalent degree) and be graduates of a university recognized by Parkinson Canada. Applicants must be university faculty members with a position ranking of Associate Professor or less, in the first five years of their career, and must be conducting research for the following institutions and organizations (an “Approved Institution”):
- Canadian post-secondary institutions and their affiliated institutions including hospitals and research institutes; or
- Other equivalent organizations, as determined by the Research Policy Committee of the National Board of Parkinson Canada in consultation with the Advisory Board, provided that the applicant’s research or research-related activities fall within the mandate of Parkinson Canada.
Applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate their potential to become an independent investigator during a period of supervised research. Parkinson Canada expects that the applicant is within 5 years of obtaining an independent faculty position at a university.
Applicants in junior faculty positions outside of Canada and scientists transferring into the fields of Parkinson’s research from another field are both eligible for this award but are subject to the same eligibility criteria established by Parkinson Canada for other eligible candidates and described in this Request for Applications.
The applicant must be responsible for the intellectual direction of the proposed research, and must be willing and able to assume administrative and financial responsibility for any funds awarded under the Program.
Applicants are prohibited from receiving the payment of a salary, stipend, honorarium, or any similar form of compensation from any Parkinson Canada grant. Post-doctoral, fellows or trainees are not eligible to apply for
- Two-year duration; $45,000 per year
- Parkinson Canada Research Application site
- New Investigator Award Guidelines and Request for Applications
|CORIS Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist||January 25, 2018|
|Submission to Sponsor||February 01, 2018||5:00 p.m (EST)|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which the Departmental Chair and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.