The Gender Wage Gap Grant Program (GWGGP) is intended to advance actions to promote equality between women and men that support efforts to close Ontario’s gender wage gap. This call for proposals supports the Government’s priority of economic growth by adding to our understanding of the gender wage gap and how the earning potential of Ontario’s working women can be maximized. This in turn benefits working families, the labour force in general and overall economic productivity.
Research Focus 1 – specific priority area of action recommended for 2017-18:
- Actions/Research exploring gender wage gap and pay equity issues for members of racial and ethnic minorities, immigrants and youth.
Research Focus 2 – specific priority area of action recommended for 2017-18:
- Actions/Research exploring compensation issues and gender inequality in Ontario’s emerging workplace conditions.
This funding opportunity is open on a competitive basis to:
- Ontario’s publicly funded universities, and Ontario’s colleges of applied arts and technology
- Incorporated Ontario not-for-profit research institutions (excluding those primarily funded by business or industry)
- Incorporated non-governmental organizations
- Incorporated sector and professional organizations
All projects supported by the GWGGP must be conducted in Ontario. Organizations or institutions
applying for funding must be incorporated legal entities in Canada. However, the following are not
eligible and cannot apply for or receive funding:
- For–profit organizations and agencies of for-profit entities
- Federal or provincial departments and ministries, departmental corporations, agencies,Crown corporations, or wholly owned subsidiaries of parent Crown corporations (except for universities, colleges,other educational institutions)
- Projects supported by other provincial grants
- Maximum amount: $50,000 (Indirect/overhead costs and capital expenses are not eligible)
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.