The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is excited to launch a new funding competition through the ministry’s Health System Research Fund. The Targeted Call for Patient-Oriented Research in Mental Health and Addictions will support 24-month grants of up to $250,000 per year for research with the potential to improve Ontario’s mental health and addictions system.
Grants funded through this competition should demonstrate strong partnership with people with lived experience throughout the entirety of research project: from project conception and writing of the grant application through governance, implementation, data analysis and interpretation, and knowledge translation and exchange.
Grant applications will be reviewed not only by scientific peer-reviewers, but also by people with lived experience and sector experts.
- 24-month grants of up to $250,000 per year
Applications to MOHLTC for the HSRF Targeted Calls must meet the following criteria:
- The funds provided by MOHLTC are used in Ontario
- The Project Lead is an Ontario-based researcher
- The Project Lead or Co-Lead is affiliated with an eligible sponsoring institution who will administer the funds, including indirect costs
- The project focuses on health services/system or population health. MOHLTC will not fund clinical or biomedical research, drug efficacy research or high performance computing platforms
- The project clearly addresses one of the research priorities
- The project clearly describes how it meaningfully and actively engages patients
- The project includes examination of sex and gender issues
- The annual budget (including Applied Health Research Question (AHRQ) and indirect cost support) must not exceed $125,000 in half years and $250,000 in full years, and must be at least $50,000 in half years and $100,000 in full years.
Project Leads employed by federal, provincial or territorial government departments or agencies and for-profit organizations are not eligible to apply for HSRF funding unless they hold an eligible academic or other institutional appointment, in which case the eligible institution must agree to be the sponsor.
Please consult the HSRF Guidelines for details regarding eligible sponsoring institutions.
Full details regarding HSRF Targeted Calls can be found here.
|CORIS Internal Deadline for Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||March 7, 2018|
|Submission to Sponsor||March 14, 2018|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.