The Mitacs Globalink Research Awards are an opportunity for faculty and students at Canadian universities to develop and deepen international research collaborations. Mitacs just announced new destinations including: the United States, the United Kingdom, and all countries in the European Union. We are currently accepting applications and recommend that students apply by May 2018 for travel planned in Fall 2018.
The following opportunities support travel and research from:
- EU member countries
- In France, both universities and Inria Research Centres are eligible host institutions
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Must be registered as full-time senior undergraduates or graduate students at a Canadian university and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree and/or been employed
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Cannot hold more than one Globalink Research Award per academic lifetime
- Cannot have previously held a Mitacs-JSPS Summer Program award
Undergraduate applicants must have completed their second year of studies prior to departure and maintain a B average in their two most recent semesters.
- Maximum amount: $6,000 from Mitacs
- Maximum duration: 12 – 24 weeks
- Full details the Globalink Research Award
Applications are accepted any time. For students wanting to travel by a certain date, Mitacs recommends the following timelines.
|Internal Review||Please contact Gabriela Moreno|
|cuResearch Approval Form||Prior to submission of application to sponsor|
|Full application submission to sponsor||
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Gabriela Moreno.