The SWIFT Institute invites applications for its driving global instant payments – challenges and opportunities funding opportunity. This supports research on the increasing global trend toward instant payments and the challenge and opportunities this presents. Proposals may be theoretical or empirical. The focus of the research could look at the following:
- what is driving the global trend toward instant payments;
- why some countries are not embracing electronic payments as fast as others;
- what challenges banks face when implementing instant payments;
- whether an instant payments environment reduces, increases or simply changes the opportunity for fraud;
- how big data analysis by banks of instant payments may transform their offering of products and services to customers;
- whether the adoption of instant payments diminishes the interest in digital currencies.
The author may be invited to a SWIFT event to be held in Europe in September 2018 to present their research findings
A grant of EUR 15,000 will be awarded to the author of the selected proposal. 50% will be paid immediately; the remaining 50% will be paid on acceptance of a final working paper and a two-page executive summary.
Further details about the application can be found here.
|Internal Deadline for Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator.|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||February 21, 2018|
|Full Application Due||February 28, 2018|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications will be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator