The SPRINT (São Paulo Researchers in International Collaboration) program is a mobility grant that facilitates the exchange of faculty and postdoctoral researchers between Canada and Brazil. This program was made possible through a Cooperation Agreement signed by FAPESP and Carleton with financial contributions from both institutions. Under this Agreement, as a continuation of this fruitful collaboration, FAPESP and Carleton make public this Call for Proposals for the exchange of faculty and postdoctoral researchers under the terms and conditions of the SPRINT 3rd Edition 2019 (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call32019).
All full-time faculty of any rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) will be considered. Applications from Adjunct Research Professors will be considered in exceptional cases. Proposals must aim to be reciprocal with regard to academic qualification of the participants. Submissions require a Research Proposal with a maximum of five (5) pages of scientific content, written jointly by the Principal Investigator of the Host Institution in the State of São Paulo and the Principal Investigator at Carleton University. Proposals must be submitted in English. One copy of the Research Project shall be sent to FAPESP and another identical copy to Carleton University. For further details on the eligibility criteria, documents to submit and proposal requirements, see sections 6.1 and 6.2 of the FAPESP call (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call32019).
Eligibility for the exchange activities within the scope of this Call
- The participation of PhD students is required.
- Considering the principle of reciprocity, FAPESP will exceptionally support PhD students from São Paulo state to take part in the scientific missions. In this case, the PhD student(s) must have an ongoing FAPESP fellowship during the planned exchange mission to the partner institution.
- The proposals must aim to respect the principle of reciprocity with regard to academic qualifications of those who will take part in the exchange activities (the composition of faculty and PhD students in each teams must be similar).
- Eligibility of research partners in the State of São Paulo should observe the items 3.1 and 4.2 of the FAPESP call (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call32019).
FAPESP will provide funding of up to the equivalent of CAD$ 10,000.00 (ten thousand Canadian dollars) per successful proposal and Carleton University will provide funding of up to CAD$10,000.00 (ten thousand Canadian dollars) per successful proposal. The funds will cover research-related mobility expenses, under the provisions of Clause 5 of the Scientific Cooperation Agreement established by the Parties (www.fapesp.br/en/10279), for the duration of the grant.
FAPESP and Carleton University will fund a maximum of 3 approved proposals.
- For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
|Please send an Expression of Interest to Sylvie Jasen by:||August 31, 2019|
|cuResearch Approval Form||October 21, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||October 28, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Sylvie Jasen