In 2018, the Embassy of France in Canada implemented a two-way mobility program for researchers between France and Canada. That same year, Donna Strickland (University of Waterloo, Canada) and Gérard Mourou (Ecole polytechnique, CNRS – France) received the Nobel Prize in Physics, the highest scientific distinction. This prize was awarded jointly to them for their collaborative work on lasers, and more specifically on “frequency drift amplification”. As the objective of the Embassy’s mobility program is to initiate scientific partnerships between French and Canadian teams, it seemed appropriate to refer, in its title, to these two prestigious researchers and their successful collaboration. The Embassy of France in Canada thanks Professors Donna Strickland and Gérard Mourou for their patronage and we wish all the laureates of this call for application to follow their footsteps!
The title of this program refers to two physicists; however, it is open to all researchers regardless of their field of research.
- have obtained a permanent or tenure-track position for less than 10 years, which corresponds approximately and not exclusively to the 35-45 age group.
- be attached to a laboratory or department of a Canadian or French university or research centre.
- 1 round-trip economy-class flight Canada- France or France-Canada
- A contribution towards subsistence costs (maximum 3 daily allowances)
|Internal Review||Please contact Heloise Emdon|
|cuResearch Approval Form||November 22, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||November 29, 2019 11:59 PT|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.
- For further details about the application process, funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
- To log-in to CUResearch and begin the application process, click here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Heloise Emdon.