In 2019, the Health Research Foundation (HRF) of Innovative Medicines Canada will award two (2) research Fellowships in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Health Research in its impact on health care in Canada. One of the Fellowships will focus on AI’s impact on health system sustainability, while the second Fellowship will focus on AI’s impact on patient outcomes.
The objectives of these HRF Fellowships is to support outstanding MD and/or PhD researchers to become our future scientists and health care leaders with the tools to contribute to the innovative health care system of tomorrow, and to facilitate collaboration, teamwork, and trust between academic research centers and the pharmaceutical industry to find better ways to transfer knowledge from research to the health system.
The Selection Committee will use the following criteria in assessing applications:
- Candidates shall be outstanding researchers who are Canadian citizens or have landed immigrant status in Canada, with the intention to work professionally in Canada.
- Candidates shall be affiliated with a Canadian academic or clinical research institution.
- Research shall be in an AI health research discipline.
- Candidates shall provide a clear research project with a scientific rigor and innovation.
- Candidates must demonstrate relevance of the research project in terms of focus on 1) AI and Health System Sustainability, or 2) AI and Patient Outcomes.
- Candidates must hold an M.D. (or equivalent) and/or a Ph.D.
Each fellowship will have an award of $100,000 and is available to one person per fellowship. The Prize is awarded with the expectation that the recipient will continue to demonstrate excellence in their field of work.
|Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Approval Form||September 20, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||September 27, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.
- For further details about the application process, funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
- To log-in to CUResearch and begin the application process, click here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.