The Genomic Applications Partnership Program (GAPP) funds downstream research and development (R&D) projects that address real world opportunities and challenges defined by “Receptor” organizations such as industry, government, or not-for-profit entities. These organizations should be committed to commercializing or implementing the outcomes of the project.
To be eligible for the GAPP, a project must:
- Develop and apply a genomics-derived or genomics-enabling tool, product or process to an opportunity or challenge defined by the Receptor(s);
- Focus on late stage R&D that will position the innovation for near-term implementation / commercialization;
- Be co-led by an academic and a Receptor organization in partnership, with active and necessary roles for both; and
- Demonstrate the potential to generate significant social and/or economic benefits for Canada.
$300,000 to $6 million.
- For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
|Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Approval Form||August 8, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||August 15, 2019, 9 am EST (Expression of Interest)|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.