The Ontario Research Fund – Research Excellence (ORF-RE) provides research institutions with funding to support the operational costs of major projects of strategic value to the province.
The fund provides up to one third of the total value of a project, with the remaining two thirds coming from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
Eligible institutions include:
- research hospitals
- non-profit research institutions
ORF-RE Round 10 has two application funding tiers:
- Tier 1. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $200,000 to $1,000,000
- Tier 2. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $1,000,001 to $4,000,000
|Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Approval Form||September 13, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||September 20, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.
- For further details about the application process, funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
- To log-in to CUResearch and begin the application process, click here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.