The Ontario Research Fund – Research Excellence (ORF-RE) provides research institutions with funding to support the operational costs of major projects of strategic value to the province.
The fund provides up to one third of the total value of a project, with the remaining two thirds coming from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
Eligible institutions include:
- research hospitals
- non-profit research institutions
ORF-RE Round 10 has two application funding tiers:
- Tier 1. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $200,000 to $1,000,000
- Tier 2. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $1,000,001 to $4,000,000
- For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
|Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Approval Form||September 13, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||September 20, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.