The Rapid Response: Canada 2019 program provides seed funding to catalyze novel, high-risk, high-reward translational research to accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging, as defined by the Institute.
Goal: To provide seed funding for novel, high-risk, high-reward, translational research that will accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
Eligible Principal Applicants must be working in Canada at least 30% of the time at or above the level of Postdoctoral researcher, and be affiliated with a Canada Revenue Agency-qualified donee institution located in Canada. Co-Applicants/Collaborators must be at the post-doctoral level or above and can be working outside Canada.
If the Principal Applicant is not appointed at the institution from which they are applying, they need to apply with a research supervisor (an “Administrative Supervisor”) who is at or above the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent, with an appointment at the institution from which they are applying.
Applicants may appear in any role on any number of projects.
Project Eligibility: Projects must meet two conditions to be eligible:
- Be translational research that helps accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging
- Be the development of a therapeutic and/or tool, and/or select complementary approaches (Please refer to the AD/PD Program Details for more information)
*Preliminary data is not required for this program
Please refer to What We Fund for Institute definitions of neurodegenerative diseases of aging, translational research, therapeutic/tool, and complementary approaches.
A maximum of $300,000 over up to 18 months per project.
- For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
|Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|Letter of Intent||Parkinson’s and Related Diseases: March 13, 2019 at 2:00pm
Alzheimer’s and Related Diseases: April 1, 2019 at 2:00pm
|cuResearch Approval Form||Parkinson’s and Related Diseases: July 9, 2019
Alzheimer’s and Related Diseases: July 23, 2019
|Submission to Sponsor||Parkinson’s and Related Diseases: July 16, 2019 at 2:00pm
Alzheimer’s and Related Diseases: July 30, 2019 at 2:00pm
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.