The Health System Impact Fellowship is expected to:
- Support impact-oriented career paths and elevate the career readiness of doctoral trainees and post-doctoral fellows studying HSPR or related fields by supporting embedded research opportunities within health system and related organizations outside of the traditional university environment and enriched competency development (e.g., leadership, project management);
- Expand and enrich the traditional doctoral and post-doctoral training environment by engaging health system and related organizations in preparing a cadre of promising doctoral trainees and post-doctoral fellows for impact-oriented careers in academic and applied health system settings; and
- Provide health system and related organizations with direct opportunities to realize and harness the benefits that research-trained individuals can bring to such organizations for rapid learning, improvement and evidence-informed decision-making.
Click here for a list of eligibility requirements.
The total amount available for this funding opportunity from CIHR is $4,179,000 enough to fund approximately 48 awards. An additional $137,500 is available from FRQS, $287,000 from Health Research BC and $440,000 from Mitacs. The combined total amount available is $ 5,043,500. This amount may increase if additional funding partners participate.
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss this funding opportunity by emailing their Research Facilitator as soon as possible.
|Faculty Deadline||Consult your Faculty Research Facilitator.|
|OVPRI Deadline (Approval Form and Application)||February 17, 2022|
|Submission to Sponsor||February 24, 2022|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.