The funder’s website can be found HERE.
Funding Value and Duration
Each call includes a Standard Component and Military Component:
Standard component: $1,100,000 CAD
Military component: $2,300,000 CAD
The Testing Stream aims to procure, test and evaluate innovative late stage pre-commercial prototypes.
The purpose of these calls for prototypes (CFPs) is to create pools of conditionally qualified innovations that Canada may select from to address a broad range of the Government of Canada organizations’ requirements.
The Government of Canada is: (Excerpt by theme):
- Secure data environments: looking for a database system. The database would be designed to ensure that the information is available throughout the entire lifecycle of products and materials, including at the waste stage. The central access would:
- help consumers make better-informed decisions when buying products by providing information on how to best use and dispose of such products in Canada,
- help improve response rates and data accuracy for reporting compliance, and
- encourage substitution of harmful substances with safer alternatives.
The database would be available to supply chain managers and downstream users, such as retailers, consumers, and recyclers. Various viewing options would need to be integrated for these different types of users.
The Government of Canada is seeking cutting-edge technologies that deliver an enterprise-class database with data immutability at scale. Data must come with cryptographic verification at every transaction to ensure there is no tampering possible. Technologies must include features that would provide substantiate information to various users (supply chain managers, consumers, recyclers, etc.)
- Digital credentials: to leverage new technologies to meet this emerging need, while ensuring that trust is maintained and privacy is protected when interacting with Government of Canada departments. As the digital credentials ecosystem evolves, in the future these credentials could be used by other public and private sector services.
- Cybersecurity: requesting solutions to bolster cybersecurity operations, including solutions capable of identifying and defending attacks from malignant actors, assessing threats against current capability limitations, and performing system audits to expose weaknesses.
- Information and records management: seeking solutions designed to leverage AI, Robotic Process Automation, and Machine Learning in the digitizing and indexing of paper and paperless information and records.
- Artificial intelligence: seeking AI solutions that can inform service delivery by collecting, structuring, and aggregating information as well as those capable of automated decision making or other like outputs.
- Emergency alerting: seeking solutions to complement existing end-to-end (e2e) alerting capability of the current NPAS in the following aspects:
- alert issuance (e.g., hazard detection, auto-notification)
- effective and robust distribution of alerting messages;
- secured and reliable transmission of alerts from alerting sources (e.g., authorized FPT alert issuers, auto-detection devices) to the public.
Mandatory Criteria (MC)
MC1: Canadian Bidder
The Bidder must meet the definition of a Canadian Bidder. A Canadian Bidder is defined as a Canadian person or entity submitting a proposal on its own behalf and having a place of business in Canada where the person or entity conducts activities on a permanent basis that is clearly identified by name and accessible during normal working hours.
For more criteria click HERE
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss this funding opportunity with their Faculty Research Facilitator.
VPRI Resource Contact: Chris Lannon
|Faculty Deadline||Consult your Faculty Research Facilitator.|
|OVPRI Deadline (Approval Form and Application)||April 11, 2023|
|Submission to Sponsor||April 18, 2023 2PM EST|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click HERE.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. To navigate to the funder’s website, click HERE