Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
CIHR Project Grant Webinar: Fall 2018 Application
July 26, 2018 — September 6, 2018
Project Grant: Fall 2018 Application
CIHR is holding Question and Answer webinars on the Project Grant: Fall 2018 competition starting on Thursday, July 26, 2018. Register early to secure your place! The webinar will begin with a brief overview of key updates and points of interest. However, most of the webinar will be dedicated to the Q&A session where participants can ask questions of CIHR staff. Participants are asked to review the materials listed below in advance of the webinar to ensure that everyone’s experience is as productive as possible.
CIHR’s webinars are conducted on the WebEx web conferencing platform. To register, click on the link of the session you would like to attend. When you register, a confirmation email will be sent to you with all the information required to join the session, including a direct link to the session and the session password.
- Thursday, July 26, 2018 (14:00 – 15:00 EDT)
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 (13:00 – 14:00 EDT)
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 (13:00 – 14:00 EDT)
- Thursday, August 30, 2018 (13:00 – 14:00 EDT)
- Thursday, September 6, 2018 (13:00 – 14:00 EDT)
- Thursday, July 26, 2018 (11:00 – 12:00 EDT)
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 (13:00 – 14:00 EDT)
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018 (11:00 – 12:00 EDT)
Materials for Review
In preparation for the Question and Answer webinars, attendees are asked to review the materials below to ensure that everyone’s experience is as productive as possible.
The video and learning modules will provide an overview of important updates as well as a tour of the application process.
- Overview and Recent Updates (4 min.)
- CCV Steps (2 min.)
- ResearchNet: Registration Tasks (4 min.)
- ResearchNet: Application Tasks (8 min.)
- Technical tips for CCV and ResearchNet (1 min.)
- Resources and Contact Information (1 min.)
These reference materials are core resources.
- Project Grant Program
- Funding Opportunity
- Priority Announcements and the Project Grant: Fall 2018 competition – Frequently Asked Questions
- Project Grant – Registration Instructions
- Project Grant – Application Instructions
- Peer Review Manual – Project
- How to complete the Equity and Diversity Questionnaire
- Project Biosketch CV – Quick Reference Guide
- Project Co-Applicant CV – Quick Reference Guide
- Investigator Initiated Research Program – Frequently Asked Questions (Project and Foundation Grants)
- CIHR funding policies
- Register with CIHR
WebEx Technical Notes
We advise ensuring that:
- You have access to a computer with speakers in order to hear the presenters. A microphone is not necessary as a chat feature will enable you to provide written comments and/or questions during the session.
- You test your computer for its ability to join the WebEx session, which may be through Java or a temporary WebEx application.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Contact Centre team: Support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.