Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Intro To Design Thinking
April 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||5110 Human Computer Interaction Building|
|Key Contact:||Cathy Edwards|
|Contact Phone:||613-520-2600 ext. 7607|
Over the course of this 2-part workshop, April 20 and April 27, participants will be introduced to an empathy-based framework that allows them to discover and define the challenge at hand and then ideate and test solutions for a changed future state.
Participants are asked to commit to the following:
- Bring a sense of curiosity
- Be present and engage with others
- Share ideas and experiences
- Listen from a place of empathy
- Challenge what might be familiar to them (ways of thinking, assumptions)
In return, participants will:
- Have the opportunity to strengthen interpersonal skills
- Gain a heightened ability to empathize
- Be exposed to design thinking processes, including a human-centered approach to problem solving
- Learn to brainstorm and synthesize information
Please click on the following link to register.