Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Making Your Research Count: Researcher Profiles, ORCID, and Publication Metrics – for Science
March 5, 2018 at 3:00 PM to 4:30 AM
|Location:||TBD MacOdrum Library|
In this practical Carleton Scholar session we will focus on researcher profiles, their relationship to scholarly publication metrics, and their increasing influence on funding decisions at individual and institutional levels (including required metrics in Ontario’s latest round of Strategic Mandate submissions). The session will introduce key profile contexts (systems), and demonstrate how you can work with your own research profile to ensure you are getting full credit for your entire body of research. We will also touch on how individual researcher profiles support research profiles at departmental and institutional levels.
- Researcher profiles and IDs – purpose and function
- Research profiles and citations rates as an emerging factor in Ontario Universities
- Getting to know your Scopus Author ID (bring a laptop)
- Fixing your Author ID (if necessary)
- Getting an ORCID (or merging two or more ORCIDs)
- Other useful resources: Researcher ID, Google Scholar