Carleton University is committed to continuing to support all of our employees with their caregiving responsibilities.

Reasonable accommodations can be requested from your manager, supervisor or dean. This may include working alternate hours, other flexibility options, requesting a leave (e.g. special, annual, leave without pay) from work, or a combination of these options. Please note that employees can “borrow” annual leave from the upcoming annual leave year.

Managers and supervisors should contact Human Resources or, in the case of faculty, with the Office of the Deputy Provost, before implementing an alternative work arrangement.