On-Campus Meeting Protocol
Date Effective: April 2021
The following are mandatory guidelines for students, faculty, and staff on how to conduct Face to Face meetings to ensure the health and safety of each individual. For those meetings that do not require in-person attendance, remote delivery methods, such as Microsoft Teams, should be utilized.
If any expected participant is showing any symptoms of illness, they are not to come to campus. Please report all cases of illness potentially linked to COVID-19 through Carleton’s COVID-19 Reporting tool.
External visitors should only be invited to on-campus meetings in exceptional circumstances. Videoconference or teleconference options are preferred to an in-person meeting. If external visitors must attend an on-campus meeting, they must be made aware of and comply with all applicable Carleton protocols and policies in advance, including the mask policy. They must also complete the Carleton public screening form prior to arriving on campus.
- Meetings should be by appointment only. Only arrive five (5) minutes before.
- Choose a space where appropriate physical distancing of two (2) metres is maintained. Avoid using personal workspaces for face-to-face meetings, where possible.
- Ensure name and contact information is recorded for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Masks are to cover the nose and mouth as per the University’s Mask Policy.
- Wipe down all surfaces before and after use.
- Ensure appropriate physical distancing of at least two (2) metres between seats.
- Stagger the meeting schedule to limit the number of people crossing paths.
- There should be no food or beverages.
- No sharing of personal items.
- Participants should remain seated as much as possible and limit trips in/out of the meeting space.
- Wash hands/sanitize hands before and after the meeting.
Any safety concerns should be reported to Campus Safety Services at 613-520-3612 or from a campus phone at x3612.
In the case of an emergency, contact Campus Safety Services at 613-520-4444 or from a campus phone at x4444
Questions concerning this protocol can be sent to email@example.com.
Off-Campus Meeting Protocol
Date Effective: August 18, 2020
- Avoid non-essential trips in the community.
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness, do not attend any meeting in person and do not return to campus. Please report all cases of illness potentially linked to COVID-19 through Carleton’s COVID-19 Reporting tool: http://carleton.ca/covidreporting.
- All meetings should preferably be held online or through teleconference options. It is recommended that Microsoft Teams be used for any Carleton University management or governance purposes or any uses where confidential, private or sensitive information will be discussed or shared.
- Limit your face-to-face meetings off-campus to exceptional priority topics or projects.
- Ensure physical distancing measures are implemented including maintaining a two-metre (six feet) distance from each other.
- Mask use is expected for all in-person meetings where maintaining a two-metre (six feet) distance from each other is not possible or is unpredictable. Mask use may also be mandatory depending on the location of the meeting and applicable By-laws, regulations and public health guidelines.
- In-person meetings, if absolutely necessary, should be held in non-enclosed environments with enough space for physical distancing measures, where possible.