Date Effective: August 18, 2020
The COVID-19 Steering Committee, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Operations Committee, has updated the following travel restrictions and guidelines in line with Global Affairs Canada’s travel advisory to avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice, specifically:
- All university-related (including research and field work) incoming and outgoing international travel, including to and from the United States, remains suspended until further notice.
- All personal international travel, and especially air travel, is strongly discouraged. The Government of Canada advises that persons avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice.
- Anyone returning from abroad must quarantine for 14 days (starting from the date you arrived in Canada) and be in compliance with the Quarantine Act.
- All university-related (including research and field work) non-essential domestic travel remains suspended until further notice.
- All personal domestic travel, and especially air travel, remains strongly discouraged.
- All persons must comply with provincial, territorial and local public health measures at your final destination including physical distancing, potential quarantine and masking requirements.
- Exemptions for university-related (including research and field work) domestic travel need to be approved by the relevant Dean or Vice-President in consultation with Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management as required.
Alternatives to Travel
If you have upcoming university-sponsored travel plans, consider instead conducting your business or meetings through teleconferencing or videoconferencing.