The health and safety of all members of the Carleton community is the university’s top priority. As COVID-19 is still present in the community, it is important that we continue to follow public health guidelines and that we take precautions to reduce our risks. Community is a core value at Carleton, and as we start the new academic year, we all have the opportunity to demonstrate the care and compassion that our community is known for.
Expectations are that the provincial guidelines and standard health and safety requirements will remain in effect.
- Physical distancing (6 feet or 2-metres) is encouraged where possible
- In line with current public health guidance, masking is strongly recommended as a way to protect yourself from COVID-19 – particularly in indoor settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water is essential; hand sanitizer should be used when soap and water is not available
To help ensure a safe workplace and prevent the transmission of COVID-19, the following measures are recommended:
- Maintaining physical distance from others where possible
- Wearing a mask – particularly in indoor settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Complete COVID-19 Screening and staying at home if you are ill or are experiencing any symptoms (including mild symptoms) – report all symptoms in cuScreen
- Frequent hand washing using warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds; alternatively, using hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol base;
- Avoiding touching the face, mouth, nose or eyes
- Covering your cough with tissues or your sleeve
- Cleaning and disinfecting your surfaces and objects
- Limit elevator occupancy
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering the building and/or touching high-frequency contact surfaces (such as elevator call buttons)