The health and safety of all members of the Carleton community is the university’s top priority. Working from home, maintaining physical distancing and hand hygiene remain the primary approaches to minimize the risk of virus transmission. As we slowly and progressively return to campus, you will receive information from your manager/Dean if and when you are permitted to return to campus and the circumstances under which a return would occur. Otherwise, employees are expected to continue to work remotely.
Before returning to work on campus, employees must
- Have the approval of their manager/Dean to be on campus through the appropriate protocol.
- Complete the COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control Training on Bightspace.
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Self-Assessment in cuScreen each day you come to campus and enter a Carleton University building.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Once on campus
- Respect and follow all posted signage and use approved entrances and exits.
- Building access is restricted to authorized personnel only with exception of buildings and spaces within them that are designated as publicly accessible. The current list of publicly accessible buildings and spaces, as well as hours of operation, can be found on the building updates webpage.
- Practice physical distancing. Where possible, stay two metres (six feet) apart from others.
- Avoid using the tunnels. Access to the tunnels has been restricted to authorized individuals only and those with approval to use the tunnels for accessibility purposes.
- Wear a mask as per Carleton’s COVID-19 Mask Policy. This is required when in a publicly accessible space within buildings, in non-publicly accessible Carleton workplaces where a two-meter (six feet) physical distance cannot be consistently maintained or within a common or shared space.
- Wash hands (or use sanitizer) thoroughly and regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Employees should disinfect their personal workstation and shared spaces within their unit such as door handles, countertops, physical barriers, etc., frequently and at a minimum twice daily.
- Leave campus immediately if you are feeling unwell and notify your manager/Dean electronically.