- Accessing Student Services
- Mandatory Campus Access and Screening Requirement
- Protocol for Student Staff and Student Researchers
- Protocol for Students Accessing On-Campus Services
- Accessing the Tunnels
Building access is restricted to authorized personnel only with exception of buildings and spaces within them that are designated as publicly accessible. The current list of publicly accessible buildings and spaces, offices that are now open and hours of operation are listed on the Building Updates webpage.
Students living off-campus are strongly advised to not come to campus unless it is essential.
Student staff and researchers are expected to continue to work remotely. Any work that can be done from home, must be done from home.
In addition to the protocols below, all student staff and researchers must follow any additional approval processes and protocols that have been put in place within your unit, department or Faculty. Please consult with your, supervisor, manager, Dean or relevant approver for more information.
All of our student services offices are working remotely and all of our services are offered virtually. For specific information regarding how to reach different student services offices, hours of operation, and other pertinent information, please visit our Student Service Information website.
Under Orders from the Government of Ontario and guidance from Public Health Ontario and Ottawa Public Health, Carleton University is required to implement COVID-19 screening for all students and student employees including student researchers.
The short COVID-19 Daily Campus Access & Screening Form must be completed each day you plan to come to the Carleton campus and enter a university building.
If you are a student staff member or a student researcher, please follow the accessing campus protocols for faculty and staff.
When you complete the COVID-19 Daily Campus Access & Screening Form before coming to campus, please select your role as “Student Staff/Researcher”.
Students living off-campus are strongly advised not to come to campus unless it is essential, or you have made the appropriate arrangements to access limited facilities. Please note the following before coming to campus:
- Complete the COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control Training on cuLearn.
- Complete the COVID-19 Daily Campus Access & Screening Form before coming to campus.
- Please note which buildings are publicly by visiting the Building Updates webpage.
- Review Carleton’s Mask Policy and note that masks must be worn in all publicly accessible spaces.
- Stay home and do not come to campus if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you are on campus and are feeling unwell, please leave campus immediately.
- If you have been on campus and are experiencing symptoms potentially linked to COVID-19 are asked to self-report.
All students must complete the COVID-19 Daily Campus Access & Screening Form before coming to campus. You must also acknowledge you have completed the training as indicated in the notice at the top of the form.
If you are coming to campus to access on-campus services, please select the following options:
- Student accessing on-campus services (i.e. Library, Bookstore, Campus Card, etc.)
Access to the tunnels has been restricted to authorized individuals only and those with approval to use the tunnels for accessibility purposes.
Please avoid using the tunnels at all times.
Access requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.