Incentive Program FAQs:
- What do I do if my attendance is not showing on MySuccess?
CSAS generally updates the workshop attendance on MySuccess once per week for those who attend in-person workshops. Attendance is updated one per month (generally the first week of a new month) for those who complete online workshops. CSAS is aware of internal deadlines set by professors for completion of workshops and ensures the attendance reports reflect your full attendance record. For further information about your attendance record please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How is my professor notified of my workshop attendance so I can receive Incentive credit?
CSAS sends attendance reports to professors approximately 7-10 business days after the final day of classes for the term. The attendance report lists student names and the number of workshops attended. If a professor requests that students take specific workshops then the report lists student names and the workshops attended by topic.
If your course appears on the list of registered courses, then (unless otherwise stated by your Professor) you simply need to attend the workshops and your professor will receive an attendance report from CSAS outlining your participation.
- How do I add the ‘Skills for Academic Success Certificate’ to my Co-Curricular Record?
If you have completed Five different CSAS learning support workshops, you can add a ‘Skills for Academic Success Certificate’ to your Co-Curricular Record. This is optional, and is unrelated to the Incentive Program. We validate CCR submissions in April. Here is a really helpful step by step guide from the Student Experience Office website:
How to Add Positions to Your CCR:
- Login to your Carleton Central account. Please click on the “MySuccess Portal” link under the Student Support Services tab.
- After clicking on “MySuccess,” read the privacy statement and press the “Continue” button.
- Once on the main MySuccess website, click on the Co-Curricular Record tab located on the left-side panel.
- Click on the “My Co-Curricular Record To: Add, Validate or View” button.
- Click on the “Add a Position to my Record” button located on the top of the web page.
- Choose the volunteer position you were involved with, under the Activity Quick Look-Up box OR choose the category, organization and department that best correlates to your activity.
- Your activity’s profile will appear. Choose from the set of Learning Achievement statements that best illustrate the learning you have achieved from your experience.
- Once the learning achievement statements have been chosen, click the “Update to Record” button. The program validator will confirm your participation, and your activity will automatically appear on your record.
- Will the same workshops I attend for the Incentive Program count toward the Skills for Academic Success Certificate?
Any five CSAS Learning Support workshops that you complete throughout the academic year will count toward the Skills for Academic Success Certificate. This can be accessed through your Co-Curricular Record.
- How many workshops do I have to attend if I have more than one class that is part of the Incentive Program?
The number of workshops you attend in a term will depend on the instructions given by the professors. For example, if you are taking two courses registered for the Incentive Program and each professor requires you to attend any 3 workshops, you will satisfy the requirements of both courses by attending 3 workshops total, not 6. However, if each professor asks you to take specific yet different workshops, you may need to attend more than 3 workshops to satisfy the requirements of both courses.
- Do I have to re-take workshops that I’ve previously taken?
For the purpose of the Incentive Program, attendance is only recorded for workshops taken in the current term (i.e., if you are in a Winter term Incentive course, the workshops must be taken between January and April of that term). If your professor has requested that you take specific workshop topics then this may mean re-taking a workshop you completed in a previous term. Keep in mind, the workshops have been updated for the new academic year and include different material that may serve as a refresher or will provide you with new, helpful tips and strategies to improve your academic skills.
If you must re-take an online workshop, you will need to go through each module and take the final assessment (receiving 100%) again in order for your attendance to be counted for the current Incentive term.
In most cases, students are free to select the workshop topics that are most appealing to them so we encourage students to participate in as many as possible and not re-take those they have previously completed.
- How can I keep track of the workshops I attend?
Your personal attendance record is tracked in MySuccess. Generally, in-person workshop attendance is updated once a week. Online workshop attendance is updated approximately once per month. You can follow the steps below to view your CSAS Learning Support Workshop attendance record at any time:
- Log onto the MySuccess portal via Carleton Central
- From the dashboard page, click the tab titled “Events”
- Verify that the registration status next to each CSAS Workshop says “Attended”
- How do I register for and access online workshops?
You can access online workshops through our Online Resources page. By entering our Online Learning Community and then logging on to cuLearn you will be able to enroll in one or more of the online workshop options.
- Do I have to bring anything with me to the workshops?
We ask that you please bring your student ID card with you to each workshop you attend as it is used for attendance purposes. In addition, it would be advantageous to bring a smart device (cellphone, laptop or tablet), and paper to take notes in the workshop. You may hear some helpful tips and learn something new that you would probably want to write down. Please exercise respectful use of smart devices during the workshop.
- Where can I see the full workshop schedule?
To see the complete workshop schedule, please login to Carleton Central and click on the Centre For Student Academic Support link to access MySuccess. From there, simply click on the Workshop/Event link, then on the link titled CSAS Workshops. You can also find the daily workshops schedule at the Centre for Student Academic Success on the 4th floor of the Library.
- How do I know which workshops I need to attend and what credit I will receive?
Since each professor tailors the Incentive Program to fit their class, the way that the incentive credits are allocated and the number of workshops students should attend varies from class to class. You may want to listen carefully to announcements in class, check for this information on your course syllabus, or email your professor directly and ask. In addition, the instructor may assign specific workshop topics that need to be completed in order to receive the credit.
- How do I know if my class is part of the Incentive Program?
You can find out by checking your course syllabus and/or the cuLearn page. Usually the professor will include the program information and instructions for students to follow. CSAS also keeps an up-to-date list of courses that are registered with the Incentive Program on our website. If you can’t find information on whether your course is involved with the Incentive Program, you could ask the instructor if they are or will be participating in the program.