In order to better serve the diverse community at Carleton University, Writing Services will be offering support sessions focusing on Academic Writing for English Language Learners.
This program is facilitated by an experienced English as an Additional Language (EAL) instructor, who provides curated lessons and practical exercises focusing on:
- Integrating select grammar structures in academic writing (Ex. Active vs. Passive Voice)
- Identifying various sentence structures commonly used in academic writing (Syntax)
- Exploring different types of vocabulary in academic contexts (GSL; AWL)
Participants will be expected to use the information provided in the sessions in accordance with the writing style of their own academic disciplines.
- Wednesdays: 10:30 am – 11:30 am EST
1) Students can register and view the program schedule by logging into Carleton360 and clicking on ‘MySuccess’.
2) Select ‘Workshops/Events’ followed by ‘CSAS Events’.
Looking for writing tips and additional resources? Explore our online writing support resources.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.