In order to better serve the diverse community at Carleton University, Writing Services will be offering support sessions that review specific grammar points and discuss tips on how to effectively use and apply the grammar in academic writing contexts.
This program is facilitated by an experienced English as an Additional Language (EAL) instructor, who provides curated lessons focusing on:
- Reviewing select grammar structures commonly used in academic writing
- Identifying strategies to develop sentence variation
- Exploring vocabulary development in academic contexts (Ex. AWL)
- Practically applying grammar in writing with interactive exercises (Practice!)
Participants will be expected to use the information provided in the sessions in accordance with the writing style of their own academic disciplines.
Fall Term 2023
- Wednesdays: 10:30 am – 11:30 am EST
- Participants can choose to join sessions in person (CSAS – 4th floor MacOdrum Library) or virtually via MS Teams (register to receive the link)
- Students can view the events and register by logging into Carleton360, clicking on mySuccess and selecting Workshops/Events followed by CSAS Events.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter 2023 Schedule – Stay tuned for more information.
Looking for writing tips and additional resources? Explore our online writing support resources.
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.