Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
IBM Watson Analytics FREE Workshop at Carleton University
March 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||4155 Herzberg Laboratories|
|Key Contact:||Kathryn Elliott|
|Contact Phone:||613-520-2600 ext 3244|
Hosted by Carleton Computing Services (CCS) / Supported by the Carleton University Institute for Data Science
Within the university setting, Watson Analytics can be used to discover insights to: recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, institutional research, student experience, student retention, res life, diversity, facilities, campus safety, and more.
Presenter: Ravi Tangudu, IBM Evangelist
***Open to Carleton University faculty, staff, and students***
Watson Analytics is the only solution that combines these capabilities on a single platform:
- Ask questions of your data in Natural Language
- Cognitive computing analyzes your data, proposes relevant questions and reveals critical business insights
- Predictive capabilities illustrate what is driving your business. It is like getting your own personal data scientist
- The ability to link your discoveries to visualizations and create dynamic dashboards
- Self Service with integrated education and training
Watson Analytics provides the quickest path to being productive:
- Upload your data in minutes to the IBM Cloud
- Your data is secured by the #1 Security Provider
- Realize business benefits in minutes
- No need to consume precious IT resources or the time of valuable Data Scientists
- You won’t be automatically invoiced at the end of the time period
The workshop will include:
- Overview of Watson Analytics / Product Demonstration
- Hands-on learning with Watson Analytics where the Evangelist will cover all the major functions including: Exploration, Predictions, Interactive Reports, etc.
- Q&A and Product Roadmap discussion
- The Workshop Workbook (downloading/printing for workshop is optional)
The workshop will be based on IBM provided data for the demonstration portion of the workshop as it highlights each capability of the solution. They have built out extensive workbooks revolved around this data set and believe they will prove to be most beneficial to use as guides as you move forward in your use of the solution. This knowledge will be transferred during the hands-on portion of the workshop.
Please RSVP as soon as possible to: CUIDS@carleton.ca