Moodle 3.1.1 is the open source software that drives our Learning Management System, cuLearn. Currently, Carleton is using Moodle 3.1.1 which is packed with bug fixes and improvements, such as smoother assignment grading, easier retrieval of deleted course files and activities, improved course editing, new quiz question types, greater usability for students, and enhancements to several activities such as forums and lessons, along with a number of other key features.
Key upgrade features of Moodle 3.1.1 are explained below.
- Download selected groups of student assignments
- Duplicate rows in rubrics
- Annotate directly on student submissions using comments, highlighting, stamps, and other features
- Use new question types in quizzes, including drag and drop text with image or drop markers, and select missing words
- Sort question banks by date
- Print quizzes
- Highlight database entries that have not been approved
- Pin important forum discussions so they are prominently displayed for students
- Post single forum questions to multiple groups at once
Other New Features
- Restore deleted content easily via the new Recycle bin feature
- Display the file type, size, or date of upload or modification of files to students
- Highlight topics
- Edit topic section titles on the main editing page
- Perform a global search of a cuLearn course to find content
- Drag and drop images into the Atto Editor
If you have questions about these changes, or are interested in learning how to use these new features in cuLearn, please contact the EDC at email@example.com or 613-520-2600 ext. 4433.