The URL (Universal Resource Locator) Resource creates a link to a website or online file on your cuLearn course page. Instructors can use the URL resource to provide their students with useful links to online course content. URLs can also be added to any course resource or activity using the text editor.
To Add a URL
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- Go to the topic/section in which you’d like to add a URL.
- From the Add a resource drop down menu, select URL.
- In the Name text box, enter the Name for the URL as you would like it displayed to your students as well as any additional information (in the Description box).
- Type or paste the URL in the External URL box
- Under the Appearance tab, choose one of the following display options for the URL:
- Automatic – The optimal display option for the URL is selected automatically
- Embed – The URL is embedded within the course page
- Open – Only the URL is displayed in the browser window
- In pop-up – The URL is displayed in a new browser window without menus or an address bar
- New Window – The URL is displayed in a new browser window with menus or an address bar
- Click Save and return to course.
The URL link will now be displayed on your course homepage (see example below)
Was this page helpful?
2 people found this useful