Feedback is a customizable survey tool in which you can write your own questions. Unlike the Quiz tool, the questions are non-graded and can be anonymous.
Creating a Feedback survey
- Click Turn editing on (button in the top right corner of your course page).
- Go to the topic/section in which you’d like to add the Feedback survey
- From the Add an Activity drop down menu, select Feedback.
- The Feedback editing page will open allowing you to customize your survey through a list of options:
- Name – Give your Feedback activity a title.
- Description – This text will be displayed to users before they enter the feedback.
- Availability – This allows you to set a time period during which the Feedback will be open/available for response.
- Question and Submission settings – Set options such as recording the user name or keeping responses anonymous.
- When finished editing, click Save and Display.
After you have created your Feedback survey and edited the general settings for your survey you can now create survey questions.
- Go to the Edit Questions tab at the top of the Feedback survey and select a question type from the drop down menu.
- Fill in the question details.
- Click Save question.
Adding a midterm feedback survey to your course is a great way to learn what is and is not working in your course before it is over. By asking students what they like, what they don’t like, and what could be improved in your course halfway through, you have the ability to act upon the students’ suggestions and improve before the semester is over. Learn more about the benefits on our Midterm Feedback page, which includes some commonly used questions.
If you are interested in adding midterm feedback into your cuLearn course, please contact the Educational Development Centre.