Blocks are located on the side of cuLearn course pages and are used to prominently feature useful course information. By default, courses come with the Mail, Activities, and Library Reserves blocks already added. There are numerous optional blocks that instructors may find useful, including the attendance, calendar, or latest announcements blocks.
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of your course page, click Add a Block.
NOTE: Course editing must be turned on in order to add a new block. To turn editing on, click the Settings gear, then select turn editing on.
- In the Add a block pop-up window, select the block you wish to add.
The Block you have selected will automatically appear on the right side of your course page
You also have the option to add, edit, or delete Topic Blocks on your course page. Each course has 12 Topic blocks added by default, along with a main overview block at the top of each course page. You can add content to a Topic block using the Add a resource… or Add an activity… drop-down menus.
|Example of a Topic Block:
- At the bottom of your course page, click +Add Topics
- In the Add Topic pop-up window, select the number of topic sections you would like to add.
- Click Add Topics.
- The new Topic block will appear at the bottom of your course page.
|TIP: You can edit a topic name using the pencil icon to the right of each topic heading.|
- Find the block you wish to delete or hide.
- Click on the Gear icon on the right side of the block.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Hide” or “Delete”.
|NOTE: Once the block is removed, it can always be added back at a later time.|
To re-arrange the blocks on your course page , click the four-headed arrow and drag the block to the desired location
Was this page helpful?
5 people found this useful