The cuLearn calendar can be used to keep track of course, group or personal events, including assignment and quiz deadlines, chat times, or meetings. The calendar can be accessed from the dashboard, or in the navigation drawer on the left side of each course page. Due dates that are assigned within an Assignment activity are automatically synced to the course calendar, but other activity dates may not automatically be added. You can update or customize your calendar by adding events or filtering what event categories are visible. You also have the option to export your calendar to external calendar applications, such as Google Calendar or Outlook.
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of your course page, click Calendar
- Click New Event
- In the New event pop-up window, enter the following information:
- An Event Title
- The Date of the event
- The Type of Event (selected from the drop-down menu). There are three types of events that can be added to the calendar:
- User Event– Visible to the user who creates the event
- Group Event– Visible to a particular group in the course (selected from the drop-down list)
- Course Event– Visible to all participants in a course (Only Instructors can add course events).
- The course that you want to add the event to (The course you are in will be selected by default. Use the search field to select a different course)
- A description of the event
- The duration of the event
- If the event will be repeated, select Repeat this event and select the number of weeks the event will occur.
- Click Save. Your event will now appear on your calendar
You have the option to filter which event categories are displayed on your calendar. For example, you can choose to hide all group events so that they do not appear on your calendar. You can easily customize what events are visible using the Events Key block to the right of your Calendar. All events are colour coded by event type to make it easy to see which event corresponds to which event type.
To filter calendar events:
- Go to the Events key on the right side of the Calendar Page.
- Click on the event type you want to hide (See the image below for a visual of how a hidden event type will appear in the Events Key)
|TIP: To unhide an event type, click Show|
To edit a Calendar event:
- Click on the event in your calendar.
- In the Meeting pop-up window, click Edit.
- Once you have made your changes, click Save.
You can export your cuLearn calendar to other external calendars, including google calendar or outlook. The export process creates a URL or ics file that can be easily imported into other calendar applications.
To export your calendar:
- At the bottom of your Calendar, click Export calendar.
- Select the events you would like to export. Choose one of the following options:
- All events
- Events relating to courses
- Events relating to groups
- My personal events
- Select the time period you would like to export. Choose one of the following options:
- This week
- This month
- Recent and next 60 days
- Custom range (10/07/19 – 14/07/20)
- Choose one of the following export options:
- URL file – This option creates a URL address that you can copy and paste into an email or any HTML page.
- Export – This option creates an icalexport.ics file
|NOTE: You cannot export individual calendar items, all calendar events will be included in the export file.|
To import into Google Calendar
- In your Google calendar, click on the settings gear on the top-right side of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, select settings.
- In the left navigation bar, click Import & Export > Import.
- Click Select file from your computer to upload the icalexport.ics file.
- Click Import.
Was this page helpful?
5 people found this useful