- Can I see if a student has tried to submit an assignment?
Yes, there are logs in cuLearn that can tell you if a student attempted to submit the assignment.
For successful submissions, the report should include the following:
- Submission form viewed.
- A file has been uploaded.
- Submission created.
- The user has accepted the statement of the submission.
- A submission has been submitted.
To see the logs:
- Click on the assignment from the course homepage
- Click the blue Gear icon on the top-right side of the page and select “Logs” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “All participants” and select the specific student from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Get these logs”
NOTE: In the assignment settings, if you do not have a “Cut-off date” set or have the “Require students to click the submit button” setting checked, students will be able to edit their submission at any time. These new submissions will be flagged as late if the deadline has passed.
- Can I change the assignment max grade?
The max grade can be changed in the assignment settings, NOT in the gradebook.
To change the maximum grade:
- From your course homepage, click on the assignment
- Click on gear icon on the top right-hand side and select “Edit settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Grade heading and click on it to expand the options.
- Change the “Maximum grade” to whatever you would like.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save and return to course“.