Want to create a more visually appealing course, but don’t know where to start? Watch the recorded session below to learn how to effectively communicate your course learning outcomes and workflow, while ensuring that it remains compatible with all devices and looks good while doing it! See what resources, tools and options you have available to make your course move visually appealing, functional and engaging.
This video workshop will explore:
- Course design examples
- Course format options
- Course branding and consistency
- Chunking and simplifying content
- Finding, editing and using images to enhance your course
- Design with mobile users in mind
- From Carleton’s CMS Team – Finding Copyright-free Images For Your Site
- Creative Commons search.creativecommons.org
- Beautiful Stock Images
- The Met – Public Domain Artwork
- Best Online HTML Editor bestonlinehtmleditor.com
- HTML Cleaner html-cleaner.com
- Custom Menu – to link to a section/topic make some text, highlight it then use the following text in the link box. For example, to link to section 8, use “#section-8” as the link.
- Changing Course Formats (Layouts)
- Editing the Topic Heading
- Adding Blocks
- Adding Media – Images, Audio and Video
Was this page helpful?
2 people found this useful