The Course grade settings establish how the gradebook will appear to the students in your course. There are four major gradebook settings that you can customize: General settings, Grade item settings, Overview settings, and User report.
Aggregation Position: Sets the position for the aggregation total column as first or last.
Min and max grades used in calculation: Allows you to determine whether to use the initial minimum and maximum grades from when a grade was determined, or the minimum and maximum grades as specified in the setup for a grade item.
Min and max grades used in calculation: lets you choose whether to calculate the grade displayed in the gradebook based on the initial minimum and maximum grades from when the grade was given or on the minimum and maximum grades as specified in the settings for a grade item (default).
Grade display type determines how grades appear in the grader and user reports. Options include:
• Real (Default) – displays total points received on grade item or category.
• Real (percentage) – displays real grade with corresponding percentage in brackets. E.g. 15 (60%) for a grade item with a maximum of 25 points.
• Real (Letter) – displays real grade with corresponding letter grade in brackets. E.g. 15 (C-) for a grade item with a maximum of 25 points.
• Percentage – displays only the percentage for a grade item.
• Percentage (real) – displays the percentage for a grade item with the corresponding real grade in brackets. E.g. 60% (15) for a grade item with a maximum of 25 points.
• Percentage (letter) – percentage with corresponding letter grade in brackets.
• Letter – letters or words are used to represent a range of grades.
• Letter (real) – letter grade with corresponding real grade in brackets.
• Letter (percentage) – letter grade with corresponding percentage in brackets.
Overall decimal points: determines how many decimal places will show in the grades.
Show rank: gives you the option to either show or hide the student’s rank or position in relation to the rest of the class in the overview report. The default is to hide this information.
Hide totals if they contain hidden items: enables you to specify whether students can see totals containing hidden grade items or whether those items should be replaced with a hyphen (-). If shown, the total may be calculated either excluding or including hidden items.
The User report settings give you the option to show or hide a number of different items in the User report, including: rank, percentage, grades, feedback, weightings, average, letter grades, contribution to course total, ranges, hidden items, and totals if they contain hidden items. You can also select the number of decimal points to show in the calculated grades.
Was this page helpful?
1 Person found this useful