Instructors will need to make the course visible before students can see the course content. cuLearn courses are hidden from students by default. Hiding the course initially prevents students from entering a course you have not finished setting up. When a course is hidden, the link will appear greyed out on your cuLearn dashboard.
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- Click on the Settings Gear on the right side of the course page.
- In the drop-down menu, select Edit Settings.
- Under General > Course visibility, select Show from the drop-down menu to make your course visible. (See the screen image below for a visual of this menu).
- Click Save and display.
Your course will now be visible to students and will appear as a blue link on your cuLearn dashboard (see example below).
After the term has ended, it’s a good idea to close your course to prevent unmonitored course access. Using the same method as above, simply change the Visible setting from Show to Hide in Step 5. Remember to save your changes. Course materials will still be accessible to you, but students will no longer have access to the course.
Was this page helpful?
55 people found this useful