- Adding an H5P interactive activity to your course
- H5P and Moodle Resources
- Convert MediaSpace Links for Interactive Content (H5P) Activities
Interactive Content (H5P) empowers everyone to create rich, interactive web experiences, either embedded within cuLearn or as a web tool. H5P content is fully responsive and mobile friendly. Some examples of activities include interactive videos, timeline generators, audio quizzing, flashcards, image sequencing and so much more.
See the full listing of over 80 interactions on the H5P Example page (these are the same activities just not embedded into cuLearn)
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- On your main course page, go to the topic/section in which you would like to add H5P content.
- Click Add an activity.
NOTE: If you are unable to see the Add an Activity menu, your course editing may be turned off. To turn on course editing, click the settings gear on the top-right side of your course page, and select Turn editing on from the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select Interactive Content.
- On the Adding a new Interactive Content page, enter a description for your content.
- You can view and select the content type you would like to incorporate in your course through the Editor drop-down menu. Click on the details button next to each content type to read the description of the activity.
TIP: Click on the Content demo button to test and play with the selected activity on the H5P website.
- When viewing the details for a content type, you can click the Use button to add the activity to your course. The activity will automatically be imported into cuLearn.
- After you have selected the activity, you will be prompted to follow the on-screen instructions to customize the activity on the Adding a new interactive content page.
- Under Display Options, you can choose how the content type will be displayed to your students. Select one or more of the following options:
- Display action bar and frame (default)
- Allow download
- Embed button
- Adjust the remainder of the activity settings as you would normally for typical course assignments.
- Click Save and Display or Save and Return to Course.
You will now see a link to your H5P activity on your course page.
You can see and test out examples of all the possible H5P activities in cuLearn by clicking on this link, H5P – Interactive Content, and enrolling in our demo course. Please note the interactive content feature is still hidden from instructors by default, but we can turn it on in any course. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your course requests.
When using videos in H5P activities we recommend that you upload the videos to MediaSpace (Carleton’s media server)
- Add the videos to MediaSpace
- Publish the video and copy the share link.
- Paste the URL into the box below beside “Mediaspace URL:” and click the Generate URL button.
- The generated link will be added to your clipboard automatically
- Use this link when asked to provide a “video source URL” in the Interactive content (H5P) activities.
New Downloadable URL:
Make sure your video is published as “Unlisted” on Mediaspace.
Was this page helpful?
5 people found this useful