- Accessing the Participants List
- Enrolling Users (Students, TAs, Teachers, Designers)
- Assigning Roles to a User
- Filtering Your Participants List
- Creating Groups
- Disabling the Participants button in the Course Navigation Menu
From the Participants button, you can access a course participants list, enroll users to your course, assign users a role, and create groups. If you don’t want course participants to have access to your course list, you can disable the participants button.
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of your course page, click Participants.
|NOTE: If you cannot see the navigation menu, you will need to expand it first. To open the navigation menu, click on the hamburger button on the top-left side of your course page.|
You can edit a user’s role or assign a user multiple roles in your cuLearn course. For example, a Teaching Assistant can also be assigned the role of a Designer. Users with multiple roles will have the privileges of all assigned role types.
To assign a role:
- Login to your course page.
- In the navigation menu, click Participants.
- Find the name of the user that you want to assign a role to in the participants list.
- Under the Roles column, click the pencil icon beside the user’s role.
- Select a role from the drop-down menu. Once selected, the role should appear in blue under the role column.
- Click the Save changes icon (floppy disk) to save the new role you have assigned.
- The assigned role should now appear next to the user’s name under Roles.
|NOTE: To delete a role, click the pencil icon, then the x next to the role type listed in blue.|
You can filter your course participants list in the following ways:
- Click on a letter to filter by first name initial or last name initial.
- Select a filter option from the drop-down menu (role type, group name, etc.).
- Search for a keyword in the search field (ex/Teaching Assistant).
Once you have filtered your Participants List, the filters will appear in blue at the top of the Participants page (see image below). To remove a filter, click the x.
If you don’t want course participants to have access to the class list, you can disable the Participants button so that it won’t appear in the navigation menu.
To disable the participants button:
- Login to your cuLearn course via the cuLearn dashboard.
- Click on the Participants button in the navigation menu on the left side of your course page.
- Click on the Blue gear wheel on the top-right side of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, select Permissions (see image below).
- In the search field beside Filter, type Participants. For a visual of this field, see the screen shot below.
- Beside the row for View participants, click the + sign in the Prohibited column
- Click Student from the options that appear. When the page refreshes, you should see the word Student appear in the Prohibited column.
Students will no longer be able to see the Participants button in the course navigation menu and will no longer be able to send class emails this way.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.