Scales indicates the scale options available in cuLearn for assessing student work. You are also able to create your own, custom scales in this tab.
Standard scales, already available in cuLearn, include: Pass/Fail, Letter Grade, and Star Rating.
To create a custom scale:
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of your course page, click Grades.
- Click on the Scales tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Add a new scale” button
- Provide a descriptive name for your scale in the Name box
- NOTE: Do not check the “Standard Scale” box
- In the Scale box, provide a list of values, separated by commas and ranging from negative to positive, for your scale. For example, “-, +” or “Incomplete, Adequate, Good, Very Good.”
- Click Save changes.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.