- To export grades from cuLearn
- To organize the columns in Excel for E-grades
- To Copy and Paste from Excel to E-grades:
You can manually enter final letter grades in the E-Grades system, which can be accessed through Carleton Central. If, however, you would like to enter your grades all at once, they must first be exported from cuLearn to an Excel spreadsheet, and then copied and pasted into Carleton’s e-grades system. The Registrar’s Office provides support for E-grades, though we have provided some instructions and screenshots below. For full instructions and help with E-grades, please visit the help file in the E-grades page or contact Systems and Training Support: Faculty_Systems_Support@carleton.ca; tel: (613) 796-3450.
Submit your grades to E-grades in 3 steps:
- Exporting grades from cuLearn to an Excel spreadsheet
- Organizing the Excel columns for E-Grades
- Copying and Pasting the grading information from Excel to E-Grades
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- Click Grades in the left sidebar.
- Click Export in the gradebook.
- Choose exported file format Excel spreadsheet from the four options below the Export tab.
- In the Grade items to be included section, deselect all grade items except the Course total.
- Under the Export format options menu, select the Grade export display type to be Letter.
NOTE: cuLearn does not round up grades. It will, for instance, convert a 79.9 to a B+.
- Click Download.
- Click OK in the pop-up window asking you if you want to export to Excel. Your Excel file will open.
E-grades is very particular about the column headings and column order it will accept. E-grades will only accept the following columns in this order: Student ID, Last Name, First Name and Final letter Grade. (See the screen image below for a visual of an excel spreadsheet with appropriately titled columns.) Any other columns in the Excel file must be deleted or moved.
|NOTE: Ensure that all final letter grades are single letter matching the 12 point grade scale. If the failure grade of F is written as F(fail), you will need to remove (fail).|
- Log into E-Grades via Carleton Central or MyCarleton (see http://www.carleton.ca/registrar/egrades/ for instructions) and select the class you would like to submit grades.
- Copy the data from Excel. E-grades is very particular about which columns and the order of columns it will accept.
Only copy the following columns in this order: Student ID, Last Name, First Name and Final letter Grade. (Do not copy the headings)
Any other columns in the Excel file must be deleted or moved.
- In E-Grades, place your cursor in the large white text field. Right click and select “Paste”. The data from the columns in Excel will appear.
- Remember to save the grades by clicking on the “Save Grades” button. You will be able to review the grades that have been saved in E-Grades by clicking Exit in the top right part of the window. You will be returned to the Roster and Grade Submission Menu.
- Click “Refresh Page” to review your grades. Only click “Submit Grades for Approval” when you are satisfied with your grades in E-Grades.
Was this page helpful?
3 people found this useful