- How do I View Grades As a Student Would?
- How Do I Update My User Report Settings?
- Can My Students See Other Students’ Grades?
The User report enables you to select all users or a single user’s grade summary for the course. The report provides a breakdown of each course grade item in the first column, including the grade, grade range, percentage, your student feedback for each item, and the item’s contribution to the course total in subsequent columns. At the bottom of the report, you will also find the student’s overall course total.
The User report allows you to view student grades as a student would see them. This feature is useful for double checking exactly what grade information is being released to students.
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link to access your course page.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of your course page, click Grades.
- Under the View tab, Click on the User Report tab.
- Select a student (or all users) from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen. You should now see the grades as students would see them.
Below is an image of a sample User report for an individual student:
As an instructor, you can edit what students can see in their User report by changing the course grade settings options. For example, you can choose to display the class average, or show the student’s rank in relation to other students in the course for an assignment.
- Click on Grades in the left Navigation menu.
- Click on the Setup tab
- Under the Setup Tab, click the Course Grade settings tab.
- Scroll down to User Report.
- After setting your desired options, click Save Changes.
Students can only see their own grades in the gradebook. Only graders (instructors and TAs) have access to all students’ grades.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.