- Submitting a Digital File
- Submitting Typed Text
- Submitting a Video
- Submitting a cuPortfolio Page or Collection
Assignments allow students to submit text, digital files, or cuPortfolios through cuLearn. File types that can be submitted include word-processed documents, pdfs, spreadsheets, images, or audio and video clips. Confirm the preferred file type for submission with your instructor or refer to the assignment instructions. In addition to, or instead of submitting a file, the instructor may require you to submit a written assignment using the text editor inside of cuLearn.
To submit an Online Assignment in cuLearn:
- Go to your course page in cuLearn
- Click on the Assignment.
- Click on the Add submission button.
- Upload your document to the File submission box.
- NOTE: make sure the file finishes downloading before clicking Save changes
- Verify that the work you are submitting is your own by checking the box beside the verification statement: “This assignment is my own work, except where I have acknowledged the use of the works of other people.”
- If required by your instructor: Click the Submit Assignment button.
- NOTE: If your instructor has required you to click the submit assignment button, and you do not click the Submit Assignment button, your assignment will remain in draft form
- Click Save changes
Your instructor may allow you to type your assignment directly into the text editing window, in addition to, or rather than submitting a file. To submit an assignment using the text editor:
- Click on the Assignment. Read any instructions your professor has provided, and note the dates specified for the assignment
- Click Add Submission
- Type your assignment text directly into the text editor window.
- Verify that the work you are submitting is your own by checking the box beside the verification statement: “This assignment is my own work, except where I have acknowledged the use of the works of other people.“
- Click Save Changes when you are ready to submit
If you have been asked to submit a video, please see the Student Video Submissions page for information on how to record, upload and submit your video.
There are two different options for submitting a cuPortfolio page or collection. One option is to submit through cuLearn, the other option is to submit within-cuPortfolio. How you submit your cuPortfolio work will depend on the option that your instructor set up for your course. Before you submit your assignment, if you do not know already, check with your instructor to see what submission method you are expected to follow.
- Go to your main course page.
- Click on the assignment link.
- Click the checkbox at the top of the page next to the red asterix to acknowledge the assignment is your work and acknowledge to works of others appropriately.
- Click the Add Submission button.
- Select the cuPortfolio collection that you would like to submit.
- Click Save Changes. You will now see the details of your submission draft listed on the Submission Status page.
- Click Submit Assignment.
- Confirm your Submission by checking the box next to “This assignment is my own work, except where I have acknowledged the use of the works of other people”
- Click Continue. You submission is now complete and your Submission Status should now be “Submitted for Grading”.
NOTE: When you login to cuPortfolio and click on Collections under the Portfolio menu, you will see your submitted collection highlighted in yellow with a timestamp from the submission and the confirmation it was submitted in cuLearn.
- In your dashboard page, click on the title of one of the pages of your portfolio/collection or navigate to your collection via the menu in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section: “Submit this collection to”.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the course that you would like to submit your portfolio to.
- Read the submission agreement statement. If you are ready for your portfolio to be submitted and locked, click Yes.
- The page that loads after you have submitted your portfolio will display a confirmation statement that you have successfully submitted your portfolio. You will also notice here that the “Edit” button is no longer available at the top right corner of the page. This is because it was locked during submission.
- To check the time stamp associated with your submission:a) Go back to your dashboard.b) Click on the title of the group that you submitted your portfolio to.c) You will see your submission recorded on the homepage of your group. It will be located under the heading You have submitted or under the heading Submit a page or collection to this group.
NOTE: you will also receive an email with confirmation of your submission.
Was this page helpful?
18 people found this useful