BigBlueButton is a synchronous learning tool that allows instructors and TAs to host live online classes, office hours or other meetings within their cuLearn course.
Its features include:
- a private room with audio, video, presentation and whiteboard capabilities allowing students to be fully engaged in the online environment
- user authentication so each course can have its own private and secure room accessible from within the course
- a recording feature that allows online courses to be automatically recorded and posted in cuLearn
Below is an introductory video that goes over some of the basics of using BigBlueButton as a student:
For more support please visit the BigBlueButton Support Site.
If your instructor has setup a BigBlueButton session room for your course, you will be able to access it from your cuLearn course page.
To access BigBlueButton:
- Login to cuLearn and click on your course link.
- On the course homepage, locate the BigBlueButton session link under a topic/week section (See example of a BBB session link below).
- Click on the BigBlueButton session link.
- Click Join Session to enter the BBB session room. NOTE: If you do not see the “Join Session” button, your instructor may have set the session to be available during a specific time frame. You can confirm the Session availability dates with your instructor.
Once you join the session you will automatically enter the BBB session room in a new window. Refer to the above video tutorial for an overview of what you will see when you enter the session and your capabilities as a viewer.
Was this page helpful?
34 people found this useful