Chat rooms facilitate real-time discussions within a cuLearn course page. Only instructors or TAs can create chat sessions for students. A chat room can have just one session, or multiple sessions that repeat on the same day/time each week. A course can also have multiple chat rooms set for various days/times during the week. The days/times set for each chat session are automatically entered into the course calendar as a reminder for students. If no time is specified, the chat room will always be open to students.
Entering a Chat Room
- Click on the Chat Room link on your course page.
- Select one of the following options:
- Click here to enter the chat now
- Use more accessible interface
- View past chat sessions
- NOTE: The chat room lists all participants and how long they have been idle in the chat room.
- Type your chat message and click Send.
- NOTE: Chat sessions are automatically saved and can be viewed at a later time. Your message will be broadcast to all chat room participants.
Was this page helpful?
8 people found this useful