To enter grades:
- Go to the View tab in your gradebook.
- Find the Grade item for which you’d like to add grades (in the image, the Grade item we are grading is the Midterm).
- Navigate to the (first) student name.
- Click inside the Grade item column in which you’d like to add a grade.
- Type in the grade for the student in the solid box (the one with a perforated border is for comments).
- Click into the next student’s grade cell or hit Enter-this ensures your grade has been saved. (The yellow colour you see after entering a grade in the gradebook informs you that the grade has been entered/altered manually in the gradebook).
NOTE: Never manually enter a grade into a Category total or Course total; doing so will make the total score you entered permanent.