The deadline for the receipt of completed applications is February 1 each year. We will continue to accept applications for admission after this deadline however a late submission may impact any funding offers.
Please note that the applications are considered only for fall term entry.
As the PhD program in Cultural Mediations is based on four designated fields, applicants are invited to apply for one of the following:
- Cultural Mediations (Literary Studies)
- Cultural Mediations (Musical Culture)
- Cultural Mediations (Technology and Culture)
- Cultural Mediations (Visual Culture)
All applications should be submitted through Carleton 360 by selecting the appropriate option. If you are not a current Carleton University student and you do not already have a Carleton 360 account, you will need to choose Register for Carleton 360. A non-refundable application fee in Canadian funds is payable by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or INTERAC Online. The following documents are also required to complete your application:
- A completed application form
- Two letters of reference, which will be completed online by your referees
- Transcripts (upload a pdf copy) from each university that you have attended (official transcripts are required upon acceptance)
- Two separate substantial examples of your written work of an academic nature (approximately 15-20 pages each, double-spaced, upload pdf copies)
- A statement of intent concerning your intellectual interests and proposed area of dissertation research (approximately 2-5 pages in length, upload a pdf copy)
- TOEFL, CAEL or TOEFL iBT Assessment scores if required (unofficial copies are uploaded at time of application), further information related to English as a Second Language Requirements can be found here
An application cannot be considered complete until all of the above are in hand.