In order to receive ENS notifications from the Carleton Mobile app you need to first allow notifications from the app. Depending on your device settings you may asked if you wish to allow notifications when you first download the app. Whether you accepted notifications at the time you installed Carleton Mobile or not you can use the Settings menu on your device to review and update your current notification settings.
If you did not ‘Allow’ notifications when you installed the app or to ensure you receive notifications for the Carleton Mobile app on your Android device(s):
Please note: The process to Allow notifications may vary depending on the current version of Android OS operating on your device.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Under “Recently sent,” see apps that recently sent you notifications.
- You can turn off all notifications for a listed app.
- To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app’s name.
- To see more apps, tap See all from last 7 days. To sort by Most recent or Most frequent, tap them.
- If you don’t see “Recently sent,” or you’re using an older Android version, tap ‘App notifications’ and tap on the ‘CU Mobile’ app. You can turn notifications, notification dots and notification categories on or off.
To learn more about Android notifications visit the Android Help website.
If you did not ‘Allow’ notifications when you installed the app or to ensure you receive notifications for the Carleton Mobile app on your iOS device(s):
- Go to Settings > Notifications, select ‘CU Mobile’, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you’re not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure that ‘Do Not Disturb’ is off.
- If you’ve recently installed the app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
To learn more about iOS notifications visit the Apple Support website.