CUOL’s Pay Per Lecture service allows you to rent individual lectures online. If you missed a lecture, you can catch up easily and conveniently without coming to campus.
The rental fee is charged to your Campus Card and the lecture is then made available to you for one week to stream on your computer.
Course rental cost is $6 for a 3 hour (one Fall/Winter term week) lecture. If your course has more than one lecture per week, the cost is pro-rated. For instance, if there are two lectures per week, then each lecture will cost $3 to rent. In the summer, when there are two full lectures every week, the cost is $6 for each lecture.
This service is intended for occasional use. If you’re looking for regular access to classes, we recommend the Video On Demand service. With the VOD service, lectures remain available all term, you can download lectures as well as stream them, and it is more economical over the term.
Instructions for Pay Per Lecture rentals
- Go to the VOD course list page
- Choose your course and go to the course’s VOD page
- Select your lecture and click “Rent this lecture”
- A pop-up box will appear showing the cost of the lecture. You must enter your cuLearn username, password, Campus Card barcode and date of birth. Then click the box to agree to pay CUOL the amount specified and submit.
- Once it is approved, the page will refresh and you will have access to the lecture. You will also see a counter that shows how much longer you have on your rental.
- To return to the lecture another time, go to the VOD login page and log in in using your cuLearn username and password. You will see the courses that you’ve rented lectures for in the “My VOD Courses” list.
- To add money to your Campus Card visit the Campus Card website.
Email us at email@example.com or call 613-520-4055 for more information.