In addition to tuition fees, service charges are levied by CUOL to recover the costs incurred for the distance exam service. All fees will be billed to your Carleton University Student Account.
*NOTE: ALL students must locate a proctor and are responsible for any additional fees the proctor charges for their services (in addition to those below).*
Distance exam service charges
- $60 per course, per term for exams written at a distance (off campus) in Canada
- $125 per course, per term for exams written in the U.S.A or Internationally*
- $25 late fee per student for distance exam application submitted after the deadline
- Fees for exams that are written outside of North America vary. Please contact 1-613-520-4055 for more information.
- Due to the large numbers of requests (deferrals, etc.), CUOL must bill students for multiple exam shipments. This fee is $25 per additional shipment.
* International fees are subject to change depending on the country and shipping costs (if applicable).
Deadlines for distance exam services
|*Applications received less than TWO WEEKS before the scheduled exam will not be processed.*|
- May 18, 2019 (Spring and Full Summer Courses)
- July 10, 2019 (Late Summer Courses)
Fall 2018/Winter 2019
- September 19, 2018 (Fall and Full-Year Courses)
- January 19, 2019 (Winter courses)
Please see the undergraduate calendar for a list of other academic dates and deadlines.