About the Position
- Formal Award Name: Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations
- Award Benefit: US$25,000 for one semester
- Host Department/Group: Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (NPSIA) http://carleton.ca/npsia
- Faculty/Research clusters: https://carleton.ca/npsia/faculty
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the Fulbright Canada website: https://www.fulbright.ca/programs/american-scolars/how-to-apply.html.
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing in the area of Canada-U.S. relations
The Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (NPSIA) is housed within Carleton University’s Faculty of Public Affairs (FPA). NPSIA is an interdisciplinary unit that offers graduate (MA, MA/JD and PhD) programs in international affairs and it is ranked very highly among similar programs in Canada and beyond. Its core faculty members specialize in various aspects of international affairs that include conflict analysis, diplomacy and foreign policy, terrorism, intelligence, security and defence, international economics and international development (for a complete list of faculty and their areas of research, see https://carleton.ca/npsia/faculty).
The School is a fully accredited and founding member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA), and it also houses several research centres such as: the Centre for Security, Intelligence and Defence Studies; the Centre for Trade Policy and Law; the Centre in Modern Turkish Studies; and the Canadian International Development Platform.
Visiting Chairs would be expected to contribute to the research activities of the School, including presenting their research findings to the faculty and students during their stay. They will be provided with an office and may be offered to teach a course if they wish.
Canada-US economic relations, Canada-US security cooperation, diplomacy and foreign policy, security and defence studies, terrorism and intelligence.
- Information contact for applicants: Yiagadeesen (Teddy) Samy, Director, NPSIA, email@example.com.
- For more information about Ottawa and Carleton University, please contact: Norah Vollmer, Manager, Faculty Affairs, Office of the Deputy Provost (Academic Operations and Planning) at firstname.lastname@example.org.