About the Position
- Formal Award Name: Fulbright Canada Research Chair in North American Politics
- Award Benefit: US$25,000 for one semester
- Host Department/Group: Department of Political Science: http://carleton.ca/polisci
- Faculty/Research clusters: https://carleton.ca/polisci/people-in-the-department/faculty/
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the Fulbright Canada website: https://www.fulbright.ca/programs/american-scolars/how-to-apply.html.
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing in the area of North American politics
- Optional: Teach a course on North American politics
The Department of Political Science at Carleton University is one of the largest in Canada. It encompasses thirty-five full-time faculty members, who teach and research in all fields of the discipline. The Department offers undergraduate and graduate programs at BA, MA and PhD levels. For more information about the department’s research expertise please visit: https://carleton.ca/polisci/people-in-the-department/faculty
The Department of Political Science is part of the Faculty of Public Affairs, which brings together twelve departments and schools focused on preparing students to apply scholarly knowledge to the practical world. Located in Canada’s capital city, the Department has established strong connections with policy-makers in parliament, the federal government, the diplomatic community and a wide range of non-governmental organizations.
Visiting Chairs are expected to contribute to the research activities of the Department, including presenting their research findings to the faculty and students during their stay. If interested, they will be invited to teach an undergraduate course on North American politics (such as PSCI 4607, North American Politics).
North American politics with a focus on the political, security, military, economic, social or cultural dimensions of Canada-U.S. relations.
- Information contact for applicants: Achim Hurrelmann, Chair, Department of Political Science, email@example.com
- For more information about Ottawa and Carleton University, please contact: Norah Vollmer, Manager, Faculty Affairs, Office of the Deputy Provost (Academic Operations and Planning) at firstname.lastname@example.org.